Pied Piper Preschool provides an educational setting for children up to 5 years old. The pre-school has been serving Thatcham families for over 30 years.
The preschool operates in the hall to the rear of the Thatcham Methodist Church. This provides an ideal and safe location for play and learning. There is direct access to a garden, so all the children can enjoy a range of outdoor activities.
The preschool is non-denominational, but has a good relationship with the church. Pied Piper Preschool is a not for profit community preschool, managed by a voluntary committee of trustees, the majority of whom are parents of preschool children. Pied Piper Preschool is registered with Ofsted (the Office for Standards in Education) as a provider of Nursery Education and received an Outstanding grade at the last inspection (05/03/2013).
Our aim is for the children to reach their potential through the medium of play and to gain confidence and independence. To achieve this Pied Piper Preschool will provide:
- An Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum
- Individual care and attention
- Fun and friendship with other children and adults to aid development of social interaction skills
- The support of a personal key person
- Opportunities for parents and other family members to be directly involved in the activities of the preschool and to meet other families with young children
- Regular feedback on your child’s progress and development
Preschool Constitution from the PSA
The Pied Piper Preschool has signed up to the preschool Learning Alliance model constitution. A copy of this constitution, our governing document, is available here.
Early Years Foundation Stage
The EYFS sets standards for the learning, development and care of children from Birth to 5 years old. Pied Piper Preschool follows the EYFS in order to provide an integrated approach to early learning and care. Find out more at the EYFS website.
Special Educational Needs (SEND)
For more information on how Pied Piper Preschools supports children with SEND, please see our Local Offer Page on the West Berkshire Council website.